Under the kind patronage of HRH Shaikh Isa Bin Salman Al Khalifa, Chairman of the “Waqf” Isa bin Salman Educational Charity, INJAZ Bahrain hosted the 10th annual INJAZ Al-Arab Young Arab Entrepreneurs Competition. With its first time being hosted in the Kingdom of Bahrain, the event was attended by over 500 guests at the ART Rotana Hotel in Amwaj, where the competition was held from November 21st until November 24th , 2016.
The ceremony was attended by His Highness Shaikh Isa bin Abdullah bin Hamad Al Khalifa, on behalf of His Highness Shaikh Isa bin Salman Al Khalifa.
The competition saw 20 teams consisting of young Arab entrepreneurs from across the MENA region competing to obtain the prestigious titles of “University Company of the Year” and “School Company of the Year”, as well as several other awards.
• The University Company of the Year award was given to Watad from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia,
• The School Company of the Year award went to Roshena from the Kingdom of Bahrain.
• The University and High School Product of the Year awards were given to Ecoouifia from Morocco and Wasila from Egypt respectively.
• The Social Impact award was granted to Grow from Algeria for the University category and Jedmer from Tunisia for the High School category.
• The 2016 FedEx Access Award went to Bellora from Oman
• Citi Client Focus Award also went to to Roshena from the Kingdom of Bahrain
• The MBC Al Amal Best PSA of the Year Award was also won by Watad from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Speaking after the competition, the Executive Director of INJAZ Bahrain, Her Highness Shaikha Hessa bint Khalifa Al Khalifa said: “We are extremely proud of all the participating students from across the region for their hard work, dedication and creativity in adapting business concepts to real-life applications. Their efforts over the last six months have taken them a long way and they have demonstrated their capabilities in their presentations. We are especially proud that Bahrain was able to host the annual competition, for the first time, in its remarkable 10th anniversary. The INJAZ Al Arab’s National Company Program Competition has set a high bar for next year’s participants, and we are excited to see what the future holds for INJAZ’s students.”
The regional competition was conducted in partnership with a variety of esteemed sponsors such as GPIC, Tamkeen, EDB, Banagas, Bapco, Batelco, MBC Al Amal, Citi Foundation, FedEx, Ithmaar Bank, Alba, Gulf Air, Khaleeji Commercial Bank, Al Salam Bank, Bank of Bahrain and Kuwait, Bahrain Ministry of Education, Sadiq Transport and Bahrain Airport Company.